Can I get Cash back from the tax man? Overpayment Relief Claims

Overpayment Relief Claims (ORC) enables both companies and individuals to recover tax from the Taxman where an error or mistake has been made in their tax return.

Claims must be made within 4 years of the end of the relevant tax year or accounting period, e.g. claims for the Income tax year 2010/11 must be made by 5 April 2015; claims for a company Accounting Period ended 31 March 2011 would have to be made by 30 March 2015.

Overpayment Relief is not due where the Overpayment Relief arose as a result of “a practice generally prevailing at that time.”

The approach to HMRC should be made appropriately, minimising the potential for a full enquiry, to secure the repayment as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Lynam Tax Dispute Experts have decades of experience in sorting out contentious issues with the taxman.

*For a free and totally confidential initial discussion call Paul Lynam now on:  0845 643 9997

or Andrew Nutbrown on:  07718 778710